Autism and Neurodiversity Consultants (Bank)
Contract: Bank roles
Hours of work: Bank roles vary in terms of hours and duration, and are within the following hours: Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast (Hybrid working)
Salary: £20-25k, depending on experience.
Specialisterne NI is a not-for-private-profit community interest company, which supports autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions to get ready for, secure, sustain and progress in careers. As part of the international Specialisterne network, we partner with leading employers internationally to work towards the goal of one million careers for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Autism and Neurodiversity Consultants (bank) to join our team in supporting neurodivergent people, as they connect and learn from each other, and start out on and progress in careers.
The aim of this is to support participants, who are neurodivergent young people or adults, to feel more confident, experience reduced attitudinal and communication barriers and help participants feel more ready to meet employers, education, and training providers. You will connect with an exciting employer mentor network, many of whom are neurodivergent, who will inform the programme curriculum, ensuring participant’s learning pathways are relevant to their chosen career, and who will provide learning opportunities for participants.
Our successful candidates will also support our neurodivergent community to connect with and learn from each other through shared interests, so that participants feel more connected and confident, and improve wellbeing. This role will provide ongoing learning opportunities on Autism, Dyslexia, ADHD, OCD, or Tourette’s Syndrome and how to best support neurodivergent people.
- Study in a relevant subject area at undergraduate degree or post graduate level (this includes currently studying or completed) e.g. Atypical Development, Psychology, Education, Sensory Integration, subject areas related to Autism, ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia. Other subject areas will also be considered in terms of relevance.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of Autism
- Ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to manage and organise your workload
- A driving licence or ability to travel to various locations across Belfast when required.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of Autism.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of one or more of the following: ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Experience in supporting children, young people, or adults on the Autistic Spectrum or who have ADHD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, or Dyslexia, to achieve the changes they want
- Experience in supporting people in small groups
- Experience in documentation of work according to quality standards.
To apply for this position, please forward an up-to-date C.V. clearly outlining how you meet the above criteria, to Sharon Didrichsen, Managing Director, by email: email@example.com, before the closing date of: 26 September 2022
For additional information regarding Specialisterne NI and/or about the position, visit www.specialisterneni.com or contact Sharon Didrichsen for a confidential chat on 07565 936191.
Specialisterne NI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
Specialisterne NI reserve the right to enhance the criteria in the event of an unprecedented response.
Selection & Short listing
- Applicants for the post of Autism and Neurodiversity Consultant will be assessed in accordance with the above criteria. The CV, outlining how they meet the set criteria, submitted will form part of the assessment process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide evidence in this form and at assessment of how well they meet the criteria.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for interview only on the basis of information provided. Specialisterne will shortlist only those candidates who, from the information supplied, best demonstrate that the candidate meets the essential and, if required, the desirable criteria.
- Course subject areas will be examined further to determine relevance to the position being advertised. This will be used as an additional method of shortlisting.
- Specialisterne reserves the right if required to apply the above desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes, in the order in which they appear.
- Specialisterne may operate a reserve list for future vacancies (either at this level or lower levels) which may arise within Specialisterne. The reserve list is maintained for 6 months.
Specialisterne NI is an equal opportunities employer.