Specialisterne NI is a specialist consultancy that recruits and supports talented autistic people with a diagnosis of Autism, Aspergers, or who have a communication difference in the workplace. We work with people who may have a diagnosis of Autism or Aspergers, or who can find communication in the workplace difficult. Our experience helps employers recruit and retain people with communication difference in the workplace, and grow diverse, effective teams.
As part of the Specialist People Foundation, we contribute to a global aim of one million jobs for autistic people.
How can we help?
If you are a job seeker and experience communication challenges which may be related to Autism or Aspergers, we can:
- assess your skills , and advise on what job roles may best suit your communication profile and skillset
- job search and support you through the interview process
- carry out a mock interview to help you perform at your best
If you are in a job role, and experience communication challenges which may be related to Autism or Aspergers we can provide Communication Coaching, that helps you understand Autism and how to Communicate Effectively.
If you are an employer and would like to recruit or develop the skills of employees with Autism, Aspergers, or related communication difference we can:
- introduce CVs of candidates who match your job roles
- run assessment days for your direct applicants with Autism, Aspergers or related communication difference
- train staff in how to interview or develop the skills of people with Autism, Aspergers, or related communication difference
- Provide communication coaching for existing employees or new starts so that they integrate well into a team
For the team at Specialisterne NI, ‘playing’ with Lego is all in a day’s work, a social enterprise recruitment consultancy that pairs people on the autistic spectrum with highly skilled jobs in the burgeoning IT sector.
At Specialisterne NI, we use Lego Mindstorms Robots to identify skills and any support needs of participants. By building Lego Robots in small teams, participants demonstrate skills in completing a systematic task, as well as self and team management. We then share what we see with participants and where appropriate use this information to match participants to job roles. When completing the assessment for a current employee, we use the information to help the employee perform at their best in the workplace.
Specialisterne opened in N. Ireland in April 2014 and as a first project supported participants on the Autistic Spectrum in the DEL2014/15 Software Test Academy, all of whom secured job roles.