Further to requests from a number of parents, Specialisterne NI are providing a training workshop aimed for parents of adults on the Autistic Spectrum. This Level 1 Workshop shares with parents what it can be like to attend an interview or work while on the Autistic Spectrum. This workshop may be useful for parents of young adults who are preparing to enter the workplace or who are already in a job role.
Level 1 Workshop
Working with Social Communication Difference- what may that be like?
Working with professional actor and illustrator Patrick Sanders, the Specialisterne NI team will present moments of social communication difference in the workplace and/or at interview and explore what can cause and help reduce potential misunderstandings.
The combination of role-plays, illustration, video and examples from Specialisterne NI practice, helps make the workshop immersive and enjoyable.
The Level 1 workshop aims to:
- Develop an understanding of what behaviours of Social Communication Difference (such as Autism/Aspergers) may look like at interview or in the workplace
- Increase understanding of the experience of social communication difference in the workplace
- Discuss what can help improve social communication at/interview and at work
- Provide opportunity to observe and discuss role-plays that represent real life situations
- Individual patterns: discuss communication preferences of people on the Autistic Spectrum and work/life balance
Date: Tuesday 23 August 6pm-8.30pm
Venue: Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 1AF
Cost: £135 per person
For details or to book, contact: email@example.com