Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion)
Specialisterne Northern Ireland is a not-for-private-profit community interest company which supports autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions to get ready for, secure, sustain and progress in careers. As part of the international Specialisterne network which pioneered the Autism at Work movement and which spans thirty-two cities in fifteen countries for seventeen years, we partner with leading employers internationally to work towards the goal of one million careers for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions.
Established in 2014, Specialisterne NI took a co-design route to address unemployment and under-employment of autistic people. Together with autistic people we have developed a community model of employability for and by autistic people. We are now expanding the community model of employability to include neurodivergent people who are autistic and people who have dyslexia, ADHD, OCD, or Tourette’s Syndrome. Ongoing listening to neurodivergent people means that programmes continue to adapt to provide the additional supports that help neurodivergent people secure rewarding careers.
This is a unique opportunity to use client facing skills to support diversity and inclusion. At Specialisterne NI you will have the opportunity to work with a small team of autism and neurodiversity specialists as we develop new tools and techniques which support companies to recruit, retain, and develop the talents of neurodivergent people, and support the career development and well-being of neurodivergent people.
This post is funded by Dormant Accounts NI.
The Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will support the Specialisterne international mission of enabling 1 million jobs for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions through development of services with employers, colleges and universities. The Corporate Accounts Executive will:
- Increase awareness of the talents and value autistic and neurodivergent people bring to employers
- Listen to employers to help employers overcome barriers autistic and neurodivergent people face
- Identify and support corporate, college and university clients
- Contribute to the design and development of the Specialisterne NI corporate, college/university service portfolio
- Identify and support corporate clients who will engage in mentoring and fundraising with Specialisterne NI
The Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will carry out PR, sales and marketing activities to develop the following services:
- Corporate Training, including e-learning.
- Corporate Recruitment
- Assessment and corporate services
- In-work support
- In-company and in-campus neurodiversity initiatives with corporate, college and university clients
- Fundraising for Specialisterne NI programmes for neurodivergent people
- Mentoring on Specialisterne NI programmes for neurodivergent people
Working closely with the Specialisterne NI leadership team, the Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will:
- Carry out research related to neurodiversity, to identify employer perceptions of neurodiversity, and awareness of Specialisterne services which support diversity and inclusion.
- Contact companies, colleges and universities and arrange to meet to discuss how Specialisterne NI may help in relation to neurodiversity and discuss the client’s experiences in relation to neurodiversity.
- With the leadership team, develop proposals which are tailored to each client need.
- Be the first point of contact for corporate clients, in relation to fundraising, mentoring, training, recruitment, in work support, assessment and other corporate services.
- Together with the Specialisterne leadership team, develop and carry out PR and marketing plan and activities which support the above sales activities.
- Study in a relevant subject area at undergraduate or post graduate level (this includes currently studying or completed). Examples of relevant study include Marketing, PR, Psychology, Business Studies, Human Resources, subject areas related to Diversity and Inclusion, Autism, ADHD/ADD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia. Other subject areas will also be considered in terms of relevance.
- Demonstrated interest in Diversity and Inclusion
- Experience in sales, marketing and/or PR
- Experience in supporting corporate clients
- Demonstrated interest in Autism, ADHD/ADD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Demonstrated commitment to client-led solutions
- Experience in use of social media in sales, marketing and/or PR
- Experience in documentation of work according to quality standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and a commitment to developing new solutions for neurodivergent people.
- A driving licence or ability to travel to various locations when required.
Terms and Conditions
- 37.5 hours weekly. Hours typically between 9am-5pm, Monday -Friday.
- Location: Currently working from home, moving to office based once the current restrictions are lifted. The Specialisterne NI offices are located at Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast.
- The position is fixed term until 31 October 2024. Salary range: £20-30k, commensurate with experience.
- This post is funded by the Dormant Accounts Fund NI
- Specialisterne NI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
- Specialisterne NI is an equal opportunities employer.
- Interested applicants should send a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter to Sharon Didrichsen, Managing Director, Specialisterne NI by email: email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: 8 December 2021 at 11:59pm
- For additional information regarding Specialisterne NI, visit specialisterneni.com or contact Sharon Didrichsen at firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 07565 936191
Selection & Short listing
- Applicants for the post of Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will be assessed in accordance with the above criteria. The CV and covering letter, outlining how they meet the set criteria, submitted will form part of the assessment process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide evidence in this form and at assessment of how well they meet the criteria.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for interview only on the basis of information provided. Specialisterne will shortlist only those candidates who, from the information supplied, best demonstrate that the candidate meets the essential and, if required, the desirable criteria.
- Specialisterne reserves the right if required to apply the above desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes, in the order in which they appear.
- Specialisterne may operate a reserve list for future vacancies (either at this level or lower levels) which may arise within Specialisterne. The reserve list is maintained for 6 months.