Specialisterne Northern Ireland is a not-for-private-profit community interest company which supports autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions to get ready for, secure, sustain and progress in careers. As part of the international Specialisterne network which pioneered the Autism at Work movement and which spans thirty-two cities in fifteen countries for seventeen years, we partner with leading employers internationally to work towards the goal of one million careers for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions.
This is a unique opportunity to use client facing skills to support diversity and inclusion.
This post is funded by Dormant Accounts NI.
The Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will support the Specialisterne international mission of enabling 1 million jobs for autistic people and people with other neurodivergent conditions through development of services with employers, colleges and universities. The Corporate Accounts Executive will:
- Increase awareness of the talents and value autistic and neurodivergent people bring to employers.
- Identify and support new corporate, college and university clients.
- Contribute to the design and development of the Specialisterne NI corporate, college/university service portfolio.
Working closely with the Specialisterne NI leadership team, the Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will:
- Contact companies, colleges and universities and arrange to meet to discuss how Specialisterne NI may help in relation to neurodiversity and discuss the client’s experiences in relation to neurodiversity.
- With the leadership team, develop proposals which are tailored to each client need.
- Be the first point of contact for corporate clients, in relation to training, recruitment, in work support, assessment. mentoring and other corporate services.
- Together with the Specialisterne leadership team, raise awareness of neurodiversity and of Specialisterne NI services which support diversity and inclusion.
- Experience in sales, marketing and/or PR.
- Study in a relevant subject area at undergraduate or post graduate level (this includes currently studying or completed). Relevant subject areas are Marketing, PR, Sales, Business development, Psychology, Business Studies, Human Resources, Diversity and Inclusion, Autism, ADHD/ADD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Experience in supporting corporate clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to client-led solutions.
- Demonstrated interest in Diversity and Inclusion.
- Demonstrated interest in Autism, ADHD/ADD, OCD, Tourette’s Syndrome, Dyslexia.
- Experience in documentation of work according to quality standards.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn.
- A driving licence or ability to travel to various locations when required.
Terms and Conditions
- 37.5 hours weekly. Hours typically between 9am-5pm, Monday -Friday.
- Location: Currently working from home, moving to office based once the current restrictions are lifted. The Specialisterne NI offices are located at Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast.
- The position is fixed term until 31 October 2024. Salary range: £23,000- £30,000, commensurate with experience.
- This post is funded by the Dormant Accounts Fund NI.
- This post is a fixed term contract until 31 October 2024.
- Specialisterne NI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
- Specialisterne NI is an equal opportunities employer.
- Interested applicants should send a Curriculum Vitae and covering letter. You should detail in the covering letter how you meet the essential and desirable criteria.
- to Sharon Didrichsen, Managing Director, Specialisterne NI by email: email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: 31 January 2022 at 11:59pm.
- For additional information regarding Specialisterne NI, visit specialisterneni.com or contact Sharon Didrichsen at firstname.lastname@example.org Mobile 07565 936191.
- This post is a re-advertisement with amended criteria.
Selection & Short listing
- Applicants for the post of Corporate Accounts Executive (Diversity and Inclusion) will be assessed in accordance with the above criteria. The CV and covering letter, outlining how they meet the set criteria, submitted will form part of the assessment process. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide evidence in this form and at assessment of how well they meet the criteria.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for interview only on the basis of information provided. Specialisterne will shortlist only those candidates who, from the information supplied, best demonstrate that the candidate meets the essential and, if required, the desirable criteria.
- Course subject areas will be examined further to determine relevance to the position being advertised. This will be used as an additional method of shortlisting.
- Specialisterne reserves the right if required to apply the above desirable criteria for shortlisting purposes, in the order in which they appear.
- Specialisterne may operate a reserve list for future vacancies (either at this level or lower levels) which may arise within Specialisterne. The reserve list is maintained for 6 months.