Learn how to manage, work alongside or coach employees with social communication difference in the workplace such as Autism, Aspergers or who display related characteristics. Working with a professional actor, we role play true-to-life scenarios of communication differences at work and use videos to support the learning experience.
Venue: Skainos, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast BT4 1AF
Date: Friday 26 May
Level 1 Workshop: Managing or Working Alongside Employees with Social Communication Difference Time: 9:30am-12pm
The session will include:
– Developing an understanding of what behaviours of Social Communication Difference (such as Autism/Aspergers) may look like in the workplace
– Increasing understanding of the experience of Autism at in work
– Enhancing confidence in working with people with communication difference or who are on the Autistic Spectrum
– Observation of role-plays that represent real life situations and around table discussions about these.
Level 2 Workshop: Coaching Employees with Social Communication Difference
The session will include:
– Developing an understanding of workstyles of employees with Social Communication Difference
– Increasing understanding of the coaching situation and how social communication difference can be supported in this context
– Opportunity to take part in role plays with professional actor to try out coaching techniques
Recent feedback includes:
- Role plays from the presenters were very effective.
- The best training workshop I have ever attended
- I enjoyed the pacing and felt all info given was extremely relevant and was not overloaded with info.
- I enjoyed the Role plays/ Great Presenters
- I enjoyed the real life experiences.
- Brilliant training.
- Good mix of interactive and slides.
- Enjoyed the pace of delivery and the fact that the trainers were obviously knowledgeable and passionate about the subject.
- The best part of the training programme.
Please note that the cost for individual workshops is £135 (discounts for multiple bookings). A light breakfast/lunch is included.
Numbers of attendees are limited to 15 per workshop.
This workshop can be delivered in house, and additional workshops are also available, such as Interviewing people with a Social Communication Difference, or Becoming a Diversity Champion. For details contact Sharond@specialisterne.com
Specialisterne NI have been selected by Techies in Residence to develop future online training in working with employees who have a social communication difference.
Book through Eventbrite (£135 + Eventbrite booking fee £8.96) or contact Sharon Didrichsen, Manager, Specialisterne NI Tel 07565 936191, email email@example.com to request an invoice.