Specialisterne Northern Ireland is an Autism at Work consultancy, which opened in Belfast in April 2014. As part of the Specialisterne International Network, which spans 15 countries for 16 years, and which pioneered the Autism at Work movement, we aim to support autistic people to get ready for, secure, and sustain, rewarding careers.
Over the past 2 years our team has grown to a team of 10 Autism Consultants, all of whom have studied Autism at degree or Masters level, in a variety of degree and Masters disciplines. Together we have supported over 1000 autistic people. In 2015 we opened our doors to ask autistic people what they wanted to achieve and how Specialisterne NI could help them achieve what they want. From that time, all services from initial design, to ongoing decisions, are decided by autistic people. We have 2 autistic communities, an adult autistic community and an inter-school autistic community, who inform everything we do.
At this time we are recruiting Autism Consultants to join our Bank of Autism Consultants. All work is currently online due to the current pandemic, however will return to a blended face to face and online working once the opportunity arises. If you are passionate about autism, enjoy listening to autistic people and following the lead of autistic people, and you would like to make a difference in the experiences of autistic people, we would like to invite you to apply to join our team as a Bank Worker.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a unique not-for-private-profit organisation in Northern Ireland where you will have the opportunity to work with a small team of autism specialists seeking to develop new tools and techniques which support the career development and well-being of autistic people. Connected to initiatives for autistic people worldwide, this is an opportunity to innovate in relation to the well-being of autistic people by contributing to autistic people-led initiatives, which are designed by autistic people themselves.
Job Title: Bank worker- Autism Consultants-immediate opportunities available.
Overview: Autism Consultant
Autism Consultants will deliver participant support and will be involved in project delivery. Autism Consultants who are part of the Bank of Autism Consultants will have opportunity to consider part-time and full-time roles as they become available. Current opportunities include a part-time opportunity – 22.5 hours weekly.
- Study in a relevant subject area at undergraduate or post graduate level (this includes currently studying or completed). Examples of relevant study include Atypical Development, Psychology, Education, Community, Autism Spectrum related, Sensory Integration. Other subject areas will also be considered in terms of relevance.
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of autism.
- Open to learn and to research new tools and techniques that may support programme participants to secure goals.
- Aptitude for empowering autistic young people by facilitating autistic people leading.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of autism.
- Experience in supporting children, young people, or adults on the autistic spectrum to achieve the changes they want.
- Experience in supporting people in small groups.
- Experience in documentation of work to a high standard.
- A driving licence or ability to travel when required (and within working hours).
Terms and Conditions
• Specialisterne NI is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
• Specialisterne NI is an equal opportunities employer.
Remuneration; £20,000-23,000 pro rata
As we seek to reflect the people we serve, autistic people are particularly welcome to apply.
As males are currently under represented, we particularly welcome applications from male applicants.
• Interested applicants should send a Curriculum Vitae and a Cover letter detailing how you meet the essential and desirable criteria to:
Sharon Didrichsen, Manager, Specialisterne NI
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Closing date for applications: 18 November 2020
• For additional information regarding Specialisterne NI, visit https://www.specialisterneni.com or contact Sharon Didrichsen at email@example.com Mobile 07565 936191