Specialisterne NI are offering a 20% discount for in-house and group workshop places booked before 31 August 2016 (Ref: Summer20)
Level 1 and Level 2 1/2 day workshops can be delivered in interviewing, managing and coaching employees with social communication difference.
To enquire regarding in house or spaces on group workshops email email@example.com
Level 1 Workshop
Managing Employees or Interviewing Applicants with Social Communication Difference.
Working with professional actor and illustrator Patrick Sanders, the Specialisterne NI team will present moments of social communication difference in the workplace and/or at interview and explore what can cause and help reduce potential misunderstandings.
The combination of role-plays, illustration, video and examples from Specialisterne NI practice, helps make the workshop immersive and enjoyable.
The Level 1 workshop aims to:
– Develop an understanding of what behaviours of Social Communication Difference (or Autism/Aspergers) may look like in the workplace/ or at interview
– Increase understanding of the experience of social communication difference in the workplace/at interview
– Enhance confidence in managing or interviewing people with communication difference or who are on the Autistic Spectrum
– Provide opportunity to observe and discuss role-plays that represent real life situations
Level 2 Workshop
The Level 2 workshop builds on the content of level 1 workshops to explore the coaching situation. It aims to:
– Increase understanding of work styles of employees with social communication difference
– Explore the coaching situation: support to elicit information to help you make good decisions, to create or build a positive working relationship, and to reduce communication barriers
– Provide opportunity to practice: Participant coaching: participants have opportunity to interact with professional actor role playing composite characters based on actual work experiences.
– Scenarios are observed and coaching tips given by Specialisterne NI team
Recent feedback from in-house workshops:
‘Its amazing how many traits we all show!’
‘The relation to real life examples and real people brought the topic to life’
‘The roleplays and diagrams were a useful resource to take away’
‘Excellent event that was very thought provoking’
‘I liked everything about it- the best part of our training’
‘The role playing was excellent and memorable’
‘Really enjoyed the role plays – very good at illustrating the issues!’
‘I liked all of it! Very worthwhile – it should be mandatory!’
‘Role plays, illustrations, videos making it real and relative. It is very important!’
‘It moved at a good pace, examples and mix of ways of demonstrating were good. Cartoon summary at the end was really effective in compounding what we had learnt’
Cost £135 per person per workshop, with discount for multiple spaces or in-house programmes (prior to summer discount if booked during the summer period).